The Vice President of Engineering will manage the company’s engineering staff – fostering a productive and mutually-beneficial relationship with both clients and internal teams. They will develop and maintain design and documentation systems to ensure the company is properly meeting all project requirements. This is a Senior Level Management role with direct responsibility for the successful implementation of the annual profit plan and direct input to the long-term business strategy. It will be critical that they have the ability to define an “End in Mind” and effectively translate in terms of what the organization needs to get done. Working with limited information they must possess the ability to translate it into compelling operational improvements and business growth strategies. They will lead strategic initiatives to improve operational profitability, quality and safety. Must embrace the importance of training, coaching, mentoring, and effectively supervising direct reports, with the philosophy of “Up if Possible, Out if Necessary”. Commitment to lifelong learning and active participation in community service organizations.
Key Soft Skills:
Personal energy to always strive for achieving results and perfection. Ability to energize other people, assisting them in achieving their full potential. The capacity to recover quickly from failure, with the ability to make the tough calls. Comfortable with working outside of one’s comfort zone.
Key Cultural Skills:
Integrity, Self-Accountable, High Expectations, Team Player, Result Oriented, Key Enabler for Management, Ability to Grasp the Strategic Acumen, Tenacity to Learn from Failures, Shows Drive to get Results, Strong Personal Self Worth, High Commitment for the Organization, Good Command Skills, Sets & Achieves Stretch Personal Goals, Self-Directed.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years’ professional experience with increasing supervisory and management responsibility exposure across multiple disciplines required
- Exposure to and interaction with an Advisory Board highly desirable with previous Fiduciary responsibility preferred
- Must exhibit solid financial acumen with experience in establishing the annual Profit Plan and Three Year Business plan
- Experience with Six Sigma, ISO Auditor, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement initiatives highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills required; verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal
- History of meeting or exceeding individual and department performance goals and objectives
- Successful completion of an Executive Leadership program
Minimum Bachelor’s degree within relative field.
Graduate degree or MBA highly desirable.