- This role will oversee and coordinates through the team of Departmental Supervisors all production and shipping activities and associates.
- Utilizes knowledge of production methods and procedures, and a keen understanding of the capabilities of company’s machines and personnel to ensure loyalty-inducing service to our customer base which dependably meets or exceeds corporate objectives for quality and on-time delivery, while also ensuring a safe work environment for our associates.
- Utilizes internal resources in quality and maintenance, to keep our machines and operators performing as specified and works to overcome obstacles by involving executive team or outside parties required to problem solve issues that arise in the plant.
- Benchmarks operations against industry norms to ensure competitiveness of the company in the marketplace, using shared public metrics to ensure efficient performance to internal and market standards.
- Understand and embrace the strategy of the company to focus growth in additional low-to-mid volume production business, and lead the shop floor through the necessary transitions to support the strategy.
- Ability to use effectively; Microsoft software products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to read and work; from blueprints, sketches and written instructions including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing according to ANSI Y14
- Knowledge of and skill in; using tooling and equipment for milling, turning, boring, grinding, cutting and welding
- Ability to direct; the work of the shop floor associates and Supervisors in fabrication, machining, programming and shipping
- Self-directed; such as planning workflow, setting priorities and identifying resources needed without continuous supervision or prompting by superiors; with ability to follow verbal or written instructions from others when appropriate
- Excellent communications; must be able to express or exchange ideas in writing or via the spoken word, in one-on-one or group settings including detailed, complicated and/or conceptual information
- Quickly develop; and then maintain strong knowledge of organizational capabilities, project capacity, quality program attributes, key processes and personnel
- Good problem-solving skills; and exhibit a bias-to-action when faced with obstacles
- Flexible such as; adapting plans, schedules or actions to accomplish the most productive work environment or work outcome, while energizing and engendering similar flexibility from the team
- Responsible to direct and coordinates production activities through the efforts of the supervision staff in accordance with prevailing production schedules to ensure orders are shipped on-time as specified.
- Perform safety policy guidelines and directly and indirectly enforces compliance by all shop floor associates and others while in the shop environment (whether guests, office staff or others).
- Identifies and suggests ways to continuously improve processes, driving technical innovation in the machining environment and business process improvement in the way the shop interacts with sales and administrative functions through the use of cross-functional innovation team.
- Including effective use of bench marks and ongoing educational inputs to generate ideas and identify innovative methods, shaping them for effective implementation at Stillwater Technologies.
- Leads production activities with procurement, maintenance, programming and quality control to eliminate operating problems and obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Responsible to ensure all requirements stipulated in the Stillwater Employee Handbook by shop floor personnel and help drive. Develops (as necessary) and utilizes objective measures of individual, departmental and aggregate productivity, along with quality and on- time delivery provided in the KPI to effectively evaluate and manage workload and ensure the company is benefitting from an effective effort from all shop associates
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operations reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems
- Coordinates efforts to clarify operating requirements through a review of customer specifications, drawings and pertinent industry standards
- Coordinates efforts with sales, estimating, purchasing and quality to assess and mitigate associated risks within the scope of large and/or difficult projects
- Coordinates with executive leadership to revise production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure, operating problems or shifting customer priorities
- Recommends and/or initiates personnel actions, such as hiring, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures, while also developing and executing a long-term succession plan
- Performs annual review of shop rate schedule and refreshes rates in accordance with profitability objectives
- Technical Degree/ Education, or equivalent in work experience, or a combination of both which provide equivalent knowledge
- Minimum five-year experience within related field preferred including multi-level leadership responsibility (leading front-line team through Supervisors)
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment where lean concepts are enacted successfully and where objective data is collected to monitor and improve performance at group and individual levels. Six Sigma certification (Green Belt or Black Belt) from accredited organization (ASQ, etc.) is a plus.